<address id="2290" ></address>
  • <option id="2290" ></option>

    1. <samp id="2290" ></samp>

    2. <p id="2290" ></p>
      1. <listing id="2290" ></listing><li id="2290" ><tt id="2290" ></tt></li>


        Obtain a Tax ID for an existing company Form a Company and Obtain a Tax ID

        **Please note that due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is delayed with providing Tax ID Numbers (EIN). They are now accepting phone calls and receiving faxes. We are working diligently to obtain Tax IDs for our clients but there will be significant delays for those without a U.S. social security number or with a non-US address. We appreciate your patience during this time.**

        After forming a Delaware corporation or LLC (limited liability company), the next step is to get an an EIN number -- also known as an Employer Identification Number or Federal Tax ID Number.

        Think of the EIN as the social security number for your company. It is a nine digit number that is issued by the IRS: for example, 01-2345678.

        The Federal Tax ID Number is necessary for an LLC or corporation to lawfully conduct business activities, especially if you're operating a business in the United States. All U.S. companies are required to have an EIN to open a U.S. bank account, obtain loans, hire employees and more.

        The EIN is valid for the life of the company. However, if your business changes its entity type (for example, it changes from an LLC to a corporation), a new Federal Tax ID Number is typically required.


        If you're forming a new Delaware company with us, save time by requesting that we obtain the EIN for you when we file your corporation or LLC. When you fill out our company order form, simply select the option to have us obtain your Federal Tax ID number, and we'll take care of the rest.

        If you’ve already formed your company, we offer an inexpensive service to help businesses apply for an EIN number with the IRS (the U.S. Internal Revenue Service) that allows you to avoid dealing with often-confusing IRS forms and procedures. As with everything we do, getting your EIN number with us includes our expert customer support.

        Our processing time for EIN orders will depend on how we are able to submit your filing to the IRS. If a filing contains a non-U.S. address or the member does not have a ITIN (Individual Tax Identification Number) issued by the United States, it must be submitted by fax or scan.

        All other filings will be processed online unless the EIN cannot be obtained, in which case it will have to be faxed. Processing times begin after we receive you sign and return the SS-4 form we will send you.

        Orders submitted online to the IRS: 3 - 4 business days

        Orders submitted by fax to the IRS: *See note in red at top of page*

        Please note that if you do not have a U.S. Address or U.S. Social Security Number, you will be required to provide a copy of the passport or government-issued ID for the person listed as the "responsible party" after submitting your order.

        Responsible party has U.S. address and valid SSN/ITIN
        Responsible party does not have U.S. address or valid SSN/ITIN



        Form a company and obtain a Tax ID Obtain a Tax ID for an existing company


        Sometimes, individuals or businesses want (or need) to locate the EIN number for another business, such as for tax reporting or simply to validate information.

        In many cases, if this is a company you are dealing with in a business capacity, you can simply ask them for their EIN number. If you will be making payments to them, you will want to request a w-9 form from them, which notes the EIN number.

        If you are not working with them directly, there are often other ways to locate a company’s EIN. For instance, if the company is publicly traded, you can use a searchable public database on the SEC website to find documents that will show any company’s EIN number.

        For private companies, you may still be able to find an EIN by searching the internet for official documents that may be available to the public, such as filings required by their local municipalities or industry permits.

        As a last resort, you can use a service such as Credit.net to find and purchase a business credit report that typically includes the EIN number. We recommend verifying you will receive the information you’re looking for prior to making payment to any such service.

        Please note: Harvard Business Services, Inc. is not affiliated with the state of Delaware or the IRS.

        Related Articles From Our Blog

        The HBS Blog offers insight on Delaware corporations and LLCs as well as information about entrepreneurship, startups and general business topics.

        EIN Confirmation Letter Your new company has been formed, the Federal Tax ID Number (also known as an Employer Identification Number or EIN) has been obtained and...Continue
        EIN Responsible Party for a Business Entity To be clear, the Responsible Party must be an individual. Furthermore, no other person within the entity can make IRS-related changes other than the assigned Responsible Party. Continue

        Since 1981, Harvard Business Services, Inc. has helped form 226,136 Delaware corporations and LLCs for people all over the world.

        Registered Agent Service

        Harvard Business Services, Inc. guarantees your annual Delaware Registered Agent Fee will remain fixed at $50 per company, per year, for the life of your company.

        TrustPilot Reviews
        Like our service? If you
        are one of our many
        satisfied customers,
        please let us know.
        " data-trigger="click" title=""> Reviews
        Check out our record!" data-trigger="click" title=""> A+ Rating